Tuesday 10 July 2012

Target Audience Profile

Hollyoaks audience profile in less than 200 words
Hollyoaks is a British soap opera which is aired at 6:30pmm on Channel Four during the working week.
From watching a recent episode, I have come to the conclusion that the target audience for the soap would be teenagers to young adults. I think this because all of the characters I was introduced to during the episode were, by the looks of things, all of this age group, and I believe those who would watch this would want to sympathise with these characters of their own age. Even the opening theme tune is upbeat and fast passed, therefore straight away reflecting the lifestyle of a student or someone of this age. As I think this Soap is aimed at students and young people, this tells us that Hollyoaks is probably mostly aimed at those in demographic group D. Although all the characters I saw were northern, I still believe that Hollyoaks has not got a target audience that is rationality based, and I think it is aimed at people from across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment